Least favorite Aqours girl?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • ^It's obvious Chika would get more screentime as she's the MC; Riko doesnt have any reason to be flashed out except for, whatever reason, I have no idea.
      I rewatched episode 1 to 6 today, and I noticed a lot of stuff about You I didnt notice before. Up to episode 4 You and Riko were treated equally (by Chika and by the screentime) and I liked it so much. I especially like Chika and You interaction a lot as I noticed now and it's so sad it misses a lot in later episodes. It starts in EP5 that Riko and Chika get more pushed together and tbh, with that transition it just feels very forced to me.
      But eh- this isnt a thread to talk about that. For some time I had Riko as worst girl because seriously, I was just way too pissed for my own good lol, you wouldnt believe it. But especially after my rewatching today I notice she isnt a bad character and just got way too much story (which is usually good but felt boring and forced to me in this case, probably because it didnt happen to the other girls). I'd have to say - although I like them all - Kanan ist the one that stood out to me the least. I dunno. She just doesnt have any traits that would make me prefer her over the others.

      KINDGDOM HEARTS 3 IN 2018
    • please dont attack me but i honestly HATE :kanan2: Kanan :kanan1: . I get shes like the heroic friend who everyone loves or something cus she cares about Mari,but i honestly dont think what her and Dia did was very nice. Not singing and crushing Maris dreams and not telling her it was because of her injury for years. I was pissed. If someone did that to me i would be so mad LET MARI MAKE MISTAKES IF SHE REALLY WANTS SOMETHING. If she has an injury and she still wants to go up there let her freaking do it. Kanan bugs me so much. I dont hate Dia because theres more to her character but Kanan is just a mary-sue.
      :yoshiko2: Mari and Yohane r best girls :mari1:

      signature by Miles
    • Calichicklet wrote:

      please dont attack me but i honestly HATE :kanan2: Kanan :kanan1: . I get shes like the heroic friend who everyone loves or something cus she cares about Mari,but i honestly dont think what her and Dia did was very nice. Not singing and crushing Maris dreams and not telling her it was because of her injury for years. I was pissed. If someone did that to me i would be so mad LET MARI MAKE MISTAKES IF SHE REALLY WANTS SOMETHING. If she has an injury and she still wants to go up there let her freaking do it. Kanan bugs me so much. I dont hate Dia because theres more to her character but Kanan is just a mary-sue.
      :yoshiko2: Mari and Yohane r best girls :mari1:
      I also deslike Kanan the most to me she screams of "I AM THE BEST" and to me is the least friendly one.

      signature made by me
    • Calichicklet wrote:

      please dont attack me but i honestly HATE :kanan2: Kanan :kanan1: . I get shes like the heroic friend who everyone loves or something cus she cares about Mari,but i honestly dont think what her and Dia did was very nice. Not singing and crushing Maris dreams and not telling her it was because of her injury for years. I was pissed. If someone did that to me i would be so mad LET MARI MAKE MISTAKES IF SHE REALLY WANTS SOMETHING. If she has an injury and she still wants to go up there let her freaking do it. Kanan bugs me so much. I dont hate Dia because theres more to her character but Kanan is just a mary-sue.
      :yoshiko2: Mari and Yohane r best girls :mari1:
      That whole situation totally rubbed me the wrong way. It made me dislike Kanan a lot more and on the flip side, I ended up liking Mari way more than I did early on. She actually became relatable and someone I could sympathize with.

      KibouChisa wrote:

      I sadly got to say it's :ruby2: ; I don't know but she seems plain imo and I kinda want more development for s2
      I feel weird about Ruby. I went into the show thinking she would be my favorite and then was really disappointed because they just didn't do anything with her. I lover her character design, personality, and voice but I just don't feel like there is enough there to make her a favorite. To a certain extent she is like an "honorary" number one because her adorableness sucks me right in and I really like her, but objectively I just can't rank her very high.

      I hope they do more with her in S2.
      Nico Nico Ni!!! |S IF EN SN: OTK★NicoNi | Avatar by Magupakku | Signature by Kyumaki| If you friend request me in SIF, please message me saying you are from OTK!

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Nico Nico Ni! ().

    • Just realized I never answered this.

      I can't really say who my absolute least favorite girl is yet, but the ones that rank bottom on the list are Hanamaru and Riko.

      I find them to be quite bland characters overall. They don't really catch my interest that much either. I guess because Hanamaru reminds me of Hanayo (even if most people compare Hanayo to Ruby) and Hanayo is my least favorite Muse girl. The only 'redeeming' aspects for me regarding Riko is her singing voice and her funny Shiitake moments, but I still don't find her interesting enough (yet).
      疑心暗鬼 | 私、スクールアイドルをやらせても一流ですのね
    • Forgot to comment on my post-anime opinions.

      Currently my least favorites would be Riko and Mari.
      Riko still seems less interesting than the other girls, even with practically becoming a second MC alongside Chika.
      Mari initially ranked decently on my pre-anime rankings, but sank pretty quickly after Episode 3 of the anime. She may have stayed where she was had it not been for the groping (which I already did not like, and it angered me more as it felt like something else they copied from the μ's anime). Plus I got a bit tired of some of her jokes that became memes, however this doesn't bother me as much now.


      Aqours is a much different case than with μ's. For one, there are more Aqours girls I would say that I really like (heck, Kanan plus all three 1st years are all tied for second best girls). Then for my least favorites in Aqours, I still like them for one thing or another. I can relate a bit to Riko, and Mari's antics in the dramas made me laugh out loud (I also loved the eye-stickers gag in the anime); I just can't say the same for my least favorite in μ's, who just doesn't appeal to me at all.


      ♪にこ! りん! ぱな!♪


    • As for now, it is You.
      The reason is, she is my complete opposite and I can't relate to her at all.
      She's so energetic and sporty.. meh. Boring.

      And once again so many people seem to dislike one of my favourite characters: Kanan. This time, well, you are right, she acted horribly towards Mari, but according to me that's what makes her a realistic character. And if Mari forgave her, why can't you? :mari2:

      Display Spoiler

      ~Best girls~


    • Ciov wrote:

      And once again so many people seem to dislike one of my favourite characters: Kanan. This time, well, you are right, she acted horribly towards Mari, but according to me that's what makes her a realistic character. And if Mari forgave her, why can't you?
      Its not about forgiving her. I dont mind it anymore but I just dont like how she handled the situation with mari back then and just decided everything for her and this behaviour is part of her personility. And I dislike character traits like that and thats why she is my least favorite character. Obviously she has also good sides but one has to be the least favorite and thats why she is mine. This reason is as valid as yours for making my best girl your least favorite ... Oh and btw i think Kanan is at least as sporty as You also :P
    • Ezee wrote:

      Ciov wrote:

      And once again so many people seem to dislike one of my favourite characters: Kanan. This time, well, you are right, she acted horribly towards Mari, but according to me that's what makes her a realistic character. And if Mari forgave her, why can't you?
      Its not about forgiving her. I dont mind it anymore but I just dont like how she handled the situation with mari back then and just decided everything for her and this behaviour is part of her personility. And I dislike character traits like that and thats why she is my least favorite character. Obviously she has also good sides but one has to be the least favorite and thats why she is mine. This reason is as valid as yours for making my best girl your least favorite ... Oh and btw i think Kanan is at least as sporty as You also :P
      Yeah, you are actually right. (=ω=;)
      It's just that so many people seem to be literally angry at her and this makes me a little sad. Maybe it's just because she acted the way I would have done..

      Display Spoiler

      ~Best girls~


    • Chika... just Chika.
      Her design is just "Lets make Honoka but different", there's not too much charisma in her, and she's just stupid, lets don't try to hide it.. I don't hate her, but as a leader of the group and main character she's kinda underwhelming.

      Riko does not stand out too much, but at least her actions are sane.


      And one more thing - Hanamaru during her introduction was different character than after that. Caring, calm, slightly introverted bookmole is my type of girl. But then writers decided to throw it away, make her catchphrase more annoying, give her complete lack of knowledge about world for no good reasons (she's reading books for Honk's sake!) and smug, trollish smiles when she's talking with Yoshiko.
    • Apart from the Cool trio, I like the rest of the Aqours girls relatively equally---that being said, Hanamaru and Ruby are probably my least favorite girls right now. Hanamaru doesn't stand out very much IMO; it's hard for me to remember her well, not to mention I keep confusing her parts in AZALEA songs for Kanan's. With Ruby....I'm not a big fan of cutesy type girls in general, and her singing voice isn't that great. That being said, I can see the point of their appeal with a lot of other people; and I believe my view of them will improve over time, seeing as they are fan favorites that the franchise will look after well.

      On the note of improvement (probably unrelated, but I really wanted to point this out): I was somewhat disappointed with You's singing voice in the CYaRon! songs, given how well she sings in the musical-like moment in Sunshine episode 2 when Chika's looking for the "lyrics". I wish to see some songs in the future that make the best use of her singing voice...and I hope they do not lock it away inside a lone single the way they did with Hanayo and Kodoku na Heaven.
    • Ciov wrote:

      As for now, it is You.
      The reason is, she is my complete opposite and I can't relate to her at all.
      She's so energetic and sporty.. meh. Boring.

      And once again so many people seem to dislike one of my favourite characters: Kanan. This time, well, you are right, she acted horribly towards Mari, but according to me that's what makes her a realistic character. And if Mari forgave her, why can't you? :mari2:
      She isnt my least favorite for that reason at all, she's just the most boring out of the bunch to me haha.

      KINDGDOM HEARTS 3 IN 2018
    • Drewko wrote:

      And one more thing - Hanamaru during her introduction was different character than after that. Caring, calm, slightly introverted bookmole is my type of girl. But then writers decided to throw it away, make her catchphrase more annoying, give her complete lack of knowledge about world for no good reasons (she's reading books for Honk's sake!) and smug, trollish smiles when she's talking with Yoshiko.
      While I still like Hanamaru I do agree her handling wasn't great in the anime and rather large personality shift made me like her a bit less.

      If you friend request me in SIF, please message me saying you are from OTK | Signature by Setsuna | Avatar by @Cactuskhee
    • Kotohono wrote:

      Drewko wrote:

      And one more thing - Hanamaru during her introduction was different character than after that. Caring, calm, slightly introverted bookmole is my type of girl. But then writers decided to throw it away, make her catchphrase more annoying, give her complete lack of knowledge about world for no good reasons (she's reading books for Honk's sake!) and smug, trollish smiles when she's talking with Yoshiko.
      While I still like Hanamaru I do agree her handling wasn't great in the anime and rather large personality shift made me like her a bit less.
      I can't stand that "lack of knowledge about the world" thing and her awful catchphrase lol, makes her my least favourite for sure. y dey do dis

      <3 Signature by Dusk <3
    • Hiiragi wrote:

      Kotohono wrote:

      Drewko wrote:

      And one more thing - Hanamaru during her introduction was different character than after that. Caring, calm, slightly introverted bookmole is my type of girl. But then writers decided to throw it away, make her catchphrase more annoying, give her complete lack of knowledge about world for no good reasons (she's reading books for Honk's sake!) and smug, trollish smiles when she's talking with Yoshiko.
      While I still like Hanamaru I do agree her handling wasn't great in the anime and rather large personality shift made me like her a bit less.
      I can't stand that "lack of knowledge about the world" thing and her awful catchphrase lol, makes her my least favourite for sure. y dey do dis
      As a Hanamaru lover, I have to admit, her lack of knowledge about the world is my biggest criticism of her. How do you live in modern day Japan and not know what a computer is? How? Even in a small town (which doesn't look THAT small TBH), you would definitely have been exposed to one sometime in your life at that age. Also, this lack of knowledge completely ignores the fact that she is best friends with Ruby. I can't imagine the Kurosawa family not having a computer in the house so Hana probably would have seen one there.

      I don't mind her catchphrase in particular though. My problem with it is that it is another example of Sunshine not being original. Rin had her nya and it feels like they felt compelled to have another character that said something at the end of her sentences. They basically recycled a joke.
      Nico Nico Ni!!! |S IF EN SN: OTK★NicoNi | Avatar by Magupakku | Signature by Kyumaki| If you friend request me in SIF, please message me saying you are from OTK!