Pinned Harasho! | Eri thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Harasho! | Eri thread

Harasho! | Eri thread
      Eli is fine too :P

Eri is a 3rd year student in Otonokizaka Academy. Her birthday is on October 21st and she is a part of the sub-unit BiBi. She is responsible and caring, and sometimes referred as Erichi (by Nozomi) or "The smart and cute Erichika". Eri's voice actress is Nanjou Yoshino.

And she is the love of my life <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by TsUNaMy WaVe ().

• Rizu wrote:

Forever the most important thread of the µ's subforum.

Can't wait to sacrifice a depressing amount of URs on ENSeal Shop for the most beautiful UR in the entire game.
      Wait, are you saying we have the same dream UR?!!
      I'm just dying to get this card!! I'm saving for another round of 1500 gems in the April-July pickup box xD
    • TsUNaMy WaVe wrote:

Rizu wrote:

Forever the most important thread of the µ's subforum.

Can't wait to sacrifice a depressing amount of URs on ENSeal Shop for the most beautiful UR in the entire game.
      Wait, are you saying we have the same dream UR?!!I'm just dying to get this card!! I'm saving for another round of 1500 gems in the April-July pickup box xD
      Even though Fruits Eli is my 2nd favorite Eli UR I should still save for this card after the upcoming Eli ; u ;

Display Spoiler

Proud member of the N Girl Appreciation Club!

Tomodachi | Reddit
      Display Spoiler

My target is you~ <3
    • "Cute and clever Elichika"
      A nickname that suits her perfectly. <3
      I didn't like Eli much at first, but now I really love her! Her character development was really nice. She has an amazing voce, amazing cards and an amazing design.

Yumi wrote:

Sachiko's drawing weird shapes somewhere over there... If you see them, could you erase them for me?
    • Speaking of such, can you believe that Eli was my least favorite when I started watching the anime? :eli1:

I hated her with a passion. Give them a chance to start an idol group! Watch how successful they will be! And I didn't even notice Eli in opening nor in starter selection on the game rip

Now look where she stands: the honorary best girl!

Display Spoiler

Tomodachi | Reddit
      Display Spoiler

My target is you~ <3
    • Thief Eli wrote:

Speaking of such, can you believe that Eli was my least favorite when I started watching the anime? :eli1:

I hated her with a passion. Give them a chance to start an idol group! Watch how successful they will be! And I didn't even notice Eli in opening nor in starter selection on the game rip

Now look where she stands: the honorary best girl!
      Hahah apparently it was the case for a lot of people.
      For me it was different. I liked her from the beginning, but I didn't know why! XD
      It was like, "she seems really cool. So I like her. But she's kinda bitchy... I normally don't like the bitchy type... why am I liking her?"
      But we all know what's going on in the first season. She is an angel sent from heaven ♥
    • milkywhipped wrote:

What made me like Eli, and what instantly got her into my top 3 girls, was her relationship and interactions with Nozomi. It's my favorite amongst all the girls <3
      NozoEli is IMO one of the two non-forced relationships the other being RinPana but that's another story

Display Spoiler

Tomodachi | Reddit
      Display Spoiler

My target is you~ <3
    • Figured I'd share my story about how Eli ended up as my best girl.

It's kind of funny, really. I downloaded the game before watching the anime--I'd heard about it before but I wasn't interested in it because I just thought "ugh, idols." Welp, look how that changed. In any case, I downloaded the game despite my prejudice because I liked the interface (it just looks very professional unlike, you know, every low budget smartphone game ever) and rhythm games are my favorite genre. Maybe it's fun to play even if I don't like the songs?

Since I didn't know any of the girls, I just picked the one whose design I liked the most, and that happened to be Eli's! I always like the blonde girls, haha. Plus, at the time I absolutely despised high-pitched voices so how mature she sounds really appealed to me. As much as I disliked the early songs, there was something about the game that was really fun; the mapping is nice and I started during the Shiranai Love*Oshiete Love event which was the first LoveLive! song I really enjoyed. Back then I couldn't even clear it on Hard, but that just made me more determined to get better at the game.

Time passed and at some point I figured I should watch the anime to get to know the girls better. And boy, did I hate Eli. I hated her with such a burning passion that one of my original least favorites, Hanayo, became my favorite instead. Somehow. (I still love Pana. #RICE) I couldn't wait to do my absolute best for her event...and then due to several circumstances, which are worth their own story, I still failed in the end and didn't get to idolize my favorite event card. Whaling fixed that later on, but I was heartbroken at the time and had to take a break. I never wanted to take that break but I hated being reminded of my failure, silly as it may have been, and I just deliberately stopped myself from having fun and working towards a goal unrelated to but ultimately inspired the game. (That story will be in the Pana thread eventually, lol.) After a while of just being angry, I realized that behavior reminded me of someone... Oh, right. Eli!

I didn't realize it at the time, but I was subconsciously inspired by Eli's character development to get back into doing what I love. I started whaling to support the franchise and get those sweet, sweet Hanayo URs. Bought a lot of Hanayo stuff. Had friends gift me Hanayo stuff. People started associating me with her and Rizu is only two letters away from rice and all that, but many months into my idol-ing I realized that while I adore Hanayo, she's just not...me. Now that's not to say that my favorite characters have to be anything like me at all, but LoveLive! helped me get through a lot of stuff and re-consider who I am and who I want to be, and as a result I started feeling a little disconnected from the rice goddess.

Re-watching the anime, I realized I didn't hate Eli anymore. At all. In fact I suppose I never really hated her, I just hated how much she was like me in many ways--and ever since I've come to really like myself for who I am #narcissist, my love for Eli has continued growing too. I'm sad it happened this late into my time in the fandom, now that the focus is shifting to Aqours, and I'm pretty salty my whaling never granted me an Eli UR on either version of the game. But in the end I like knowing I was drawn to Eli immediately for some reason and now I've got this whole story about how she really did end up being my best girl too. Even my friends say she suits me a whole lot better, haha.

tl;dr harasho!
    • I guess I'll share my Eli story;

I also started getting into Love Live! by getting into the game. I had a friend who was already into it, and when I showed her a Reflec beat video, she told me about SIF and so I downloaded it. Already was I introduced to very cute idols, even though the only idol series I was ever into cough it's also magical girl was Mermaid Melody. But of course that was a lot different, and the designs of Love Live! were much more appealing~ In reality, the only girls I could ever bring myself to love based on design were Hanayo, Maki, Nozomi, and Nico. The others I didn't even pay attention to. So, my best girl started as Nozomi but quickly got passed down to Maki, so nothing big related to Eli here.

A month later, I had begun to grow attached to the game, especially scouting, and decided to look up scouting videos because why not. At the time my favorite card was Cyber Honoka (finally paid attention to her a bit) and I had found a video with someone using 25 tickets and ~80 loveca to get her. 4 tickets in was the first time I laid eyes on Eli; a UR of her popped out of the envelope! I looked at her... She was very lovely, and then I started to wonder why I didn't notice her in the first place. But every UR had a nickname, so what was I supposed to call this one? I looked up the card and found it as card #581 in the game. I looked for a common name that this particular card was given, and I finally found a comment with one possibility: Thief Eli. She instantly became my favorite card, and still is up to this day.

But that wasn't enough for her to become my best girl. I finally brought myself to watch the anime and...Eli instantly dropped in favorites and I began to question her. Were her looks deceiving? Was she pulled into u's when she didn't really want to? What was bound to happen? Well...the answers would come from a few episodes later, when more about her was revealed. By the time it was revealed that she wanted to save the school but was unable to take action, and she tried to become a ballerina only to back off from that, I found myself finding a large amount of similarities with her; in reality, I once was a cold, stern student but as more about me was discovered, I could warm up to that particular person (or people!) and be one of the sweetest girls one would ever meet.
      And Eli was sweet in the end. But still not enough to become best girl.

Early November came around, and by this time Eli was in the top 3...but Kotori had taken the best girl title away from Maki. Yet something didn't feel right. Her voice was not my favorite (but still cute nonetheless) and she was more cute than lovely, along being more outgoing than serious. Kotori just didn't qualify with my interests.
      Late November arrives, and I can't take Kotori being my best girl anymore. I couldn't go back to Maki as I couldn't bring myself to appreciate her tsundere personality as much as I used to. I looked back at Eli; she was lovely, mature, serious, and had a relatable backstory. On top of that, her cards were some of my favorites in the game. One day during a long drive, I decided to listen to an Eli solo mix of Snow halation as I questioned the best girl dilemma.

That was when I realized the truth.

Eli was meant to be my best girl all along. And ever since that day, she has always been, and will always be, the best of the best from not just Love Live, but of all anime.

Harasho! :eli5:

Display Spoiler

Tomodachi | Reddit
      Display Spoiler

My target is you~ <3
    • Kyumaki wrote:

I still haven't done my essay lol... I'll do it tomorrow ;-; (I need to show my love my best grill. thats why LoveLive essays rule)
      You should also do a Maki essay then :maki1:

But let's not talk about that here, let's talk about Eli :eli5:

Display Spoiler

Tomodachi | Reddit
      Display Spoiler

My target is you~ <3