LLSS 2nd Season Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jadzomi100 wrote:

Why is no one talking about You's lack of screen time?
      So far, You couldn’t have justified screen time. The first episode was focused on Mari and Chika, while the second was on the first and third years. Maybe later!

Edit : Gonna give my advice on episode 2 as well.

Display Spoiler

Honestly, I didn’t dislike the idea of third years and first years not getting along within Aqours.
      I mean, in season 1 they didn’t mention any kind of misunderstanding within the group (not counting when the 3rd years didn’t join yet), so I thought it was an interesting choice to mix these 6!
      Cause in season 1, Chika already had to deal with third years. And once all the three first years joined Aqours, the focus wasn’t on them anymore. So this episode was really interesting to me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miyuko: Avoiding double post. ().

• So I watched episode 3 and I have to say I am quite not liking it atm. Here are my thoughts.

Display Spoiler

I find Yohane's character isn't balanced at all. I do understand that the whole 'chuuni' personality is part of her but, maybe just maybe imo that it needs moderation. If this would go overboard, then that probably can make a problem for LLSS.

As for Chika, I think she may need to think more realistically and logically. Sometimes, it feels like she gives more weights to the problem at hand.

The only things that I liked there are the songs and their performance. That is all for me.

Sorry if this review of mine is full of negatives. I just wanted to express my thoughts.
    • Episode 3 was great! This season is much better imo so far (except for the op and ed sigh)

I really liked the problem they had to face. It's not an original concept, but it's original in Love Live. I liked all the small comedy parts too. The insert song was nice (kinda reminded me of MiraiHana) and Mari's hair in that song looked awesome! (but it also looked like it's way more hair than what she should have??)
      Also the Happy Party Train reference (the mikan thing they rode) was cute. And hearing a familiar song (KimiKokoro) was also nice.

But there were also a couple of things I didn't like:
      1. Mari's voice acting. Idk, it's just really weird and unpleasant now. And also, very different to what it used to be. I'm currently fansubbing sunshine s1 so I actually see this change very clearly. And I don't like it. I hope she'll be back to herself in the next episodes.
      2. Why would Chika's sisters won't offer to take them in the car?? Yes there are not enough sits infront, but I'm sure all of them could get in behind (and I'm also sure they don't care about safety. Because come on... this Mikan thing and Chika jumping on the roof proves it)
      3. They didn't put in You's iconic jump in KimiKoko!! How could they?! xD
    • OMG! I just loved this episode, the new song is very good and that final with Kimi no Kokoro wa (which is one of my favortes Aqours songs )was just amazing

TsUNaMy WaVe wrote:

2. Why would Chika's sisters won't offer to take them in the car?? Yes there are not enough sits infront, but I'm sure all of them could get in behind (and I'm also sure they don't care about safety. Because come on... this Mikan thing and Chika jumping and the roof proves it)
      About point #2 I tought the same but I think the road between the place of Love Live preliminars and the school was closed or something like that, at least is what I understood.
      About #3 Totallly Agree, I was waiting for You's jump haha
    • I didn't like the concept of this episode. The Yoshiko parts were cute, I love her interactions with Ruby and Maru, and the DiaRuby scene was really cute and touching but... It was sooooo cheesy. Especially Chika's weird speeches. It annoyed me again that they just had to include a ChikaRiko scene, but that's common knowledge at this point. The way they treat You still pisses me off. Overall, the progress in this episode was kinda zero?? It felt rushed and unnatural.
      I love the new song though! The animation is beautiful and I'm so glad it's a DiaRuby and not a Chika center. Not what I had in mind after last episode, but still a great song. The KimiKokoro callback was nice too, I liked that they upgraded the animation of the clothes and their 2D faces.
      Next week we'll finally get our long awaited Dia episode~

KINDGDOM HEARTS 3 IN 2018
    • I really like this episode alot. Here are my personal thoughts of episode 3:

Display Spoiler
      There were some questionable moments like Chika falling from the roof, only to be saved by Shiitake's back, the girls daydreaming to use transportation, Mari's overuse of Engrish, and Yohane overacting her chuunibyou personality that she would get a good luck at the lottery if she and her friends want to become first to perform Love Live! But overall, I find this episode to be really enjoyable to me, particularly the second half where if Chika can't enter the bus, she found the other way to get into the open house on time, and that's where she found the monorail. Before they get to the monorail, the girls have performed My-Mai☆Tonight in Love Live! with beautiful outfits that Ruby has made. I got to say that it's definitely my favorite song that Aqours have performed in the anime since Mijuku Dreamer, and those cute outfits are my favorite of Aqours as well so far. Aqours have now gone through the monorail, though it's funny that Kanan broke the handle, which apparently turned the monorail into a roller-coaster ride. After that, the girls have ran to the open house, and I'm very happy that they've made it on time. Kimi no Kokoro is another great song from this episode. It's not a flawless, very original episode by any means, but it's a really good one.

"Top idol, huh? We can definitely work it all out if you go with the perfection that is Hibiki!" - Hibiki Ganaha

YouTube | HiBikini | Twitter
    • Thanks god, the expected didn't append at all \o/

This episode was really enjoyable. The delayed open house was the worst thing which could append to Aqours. I got the same idea than Chika, but Mari give her best answer possible (what the point to save the school in these conditions?). Then I simply thought about arrange schedule in the best way possible then Dia and Ruby bring the bus problem and the random passage order. It's scary how this anime read in my mind. Finally, I thought about go down the mountain with bike, but the orange train is a lot funnier and crazier =D
      The main problem is: why the Love Live took place in mountains instead in city which are easier to reach?
      I wonder why Chika take the habit to climb on roof tile and play with her life (and only for her annoying speeches). Aaaaaand please take 1min to pray for Shiitake who got broken backs and who will never be able again to pursue Riko...
      I like how Ruby and Maru made sarcasm and charged the earth on Yohane. Yohane reactions are always magic.
      My Mai Tonight is a great song too. Ruby performed a great job on costumes. In my opinion, they are best costumes ever in Love Live. I can't wait they are added in a new Rs set in SIF (with 2nd episode outfits for unidolized version). With this song, Maru become the only one girl without any center for a full Aqours song (she has two songs in Azalea only).

Well... When I see Maru I could help but want to do something like that to her hair. Sorry.
      Fun fact: never, NEVER pause an episode (valid for everything else).

TsUNaMy WaVe wrote:

1. Mari's voice acting. Idk, it's just really weird and unpleasant now. Ans also, very different to what it used to be.
      I have the same feeling. It's interesting how she got noticed with only 4 or 5 lines in this episode.
      In my opinion, I don't think Aina has changed her way to voice Mari.
      When Mari fools around, it's only a facade in order to hide her true feelings to others (her only one confident is Kanan). But she gets increasingly more pressure due to school will shut down, thus her facade evolve as well. I didn't notice anything when she's serious. What episode do you currently sub?

TsUNaMy WaVe wrote:

Sacrilege!
      Or maybe It wasn't possible after the big run x)

Usually I didn't write this much. Thank you for bleed your eyes by reading my english.
    • Rubybyn wrote:

I have the same feeling. It's interesting how she got noticed with only 4 or 5 lines in this episode.
      In my opinion, I don't think Aina has changed her way to voice Mari.
      When Mari fools around, it's only a facade in order to hide her true feelings to others (her only one confident is Kanan). But she gets increasingly more pressure due to school will shut down, thus her facade evolve as well. I didn't notice anything when she's serious. What episode do you currently sub?
      It's not about the voice, it's about the acting. Currently I sub episode 6, and Mari had some serious moments so far too (telling Dia the school is closing, etc). It is just really different.
    • Thank goodness. LLSS redeemed itself by this latest episode although there are still some parts that I don't like.

My review

Chika has improved a bit. Yohane also, but still needs moderation for her chuuni personality.

This episode is about Dia wanting to get close to everyone aside from her batchmates. The character development is strong there and so far, it is great.

Also I find it hilarious that Mari brought her own statue so that it can help in raising Aqours' funds by selling it, but decided not to.

Looking forward to the next episode.