The Aqours update thread!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I like Guilty Kiss and Azalea is alright, but I really don't like CYaRon. I liked Filly or whatever, pretty much almost any of their names. I wish it were CRaYon or something (like Crayon Pop!) Also, it's pronounced apparently like the English name "Sharon," which is just really unappealing to me.
      にゃっ!くすぐったいにゃ~
    • Lylith wrote:

honomaki wrote:

not quite fond of cyaron's name (would be better without the random upper cases)
      The upper cases are actually the initals of each member! C for Chika, Y for You and R for Ruby. It adds a nice touch to the name in my opinion.
      oh! i didn't know that. that's actually really cute! well now i'm a little more fond of the name at least. thanks for lmk!
    • I'm a bit surprised that You is so popular in Japan, i did not know that. She is my best girl fron Aquors atm as well though I must also say I wish to see other girls win these votings as well. That way imo people could get more attached to all of them.
      Well whatever the end result is for the votings now and to come I'm glad that Aquors are really starting to get foing!
      Plus that album cover is so beautiful :hanayo3:
    • Tjiesam wrote:

CYaRon.... how the hell you gonna pronounce that.
      シャロン, Sharon.

And same here, don't like the unit names.
      IIRC, I voted for CoCoa, Komorebi and don't remember the 3rd lol.
      MAL | Last FM | Youtube
      Kotoko はやっぱり私の一番すきな歌手!
      (EN server) T2 (or T1) streak : 69 in a row (as of July 3), still going on.
      (JP server) T2 (or T1) streak : 33 in a row (as of July 15), still going on too.
    • kuronekorin wrote:

Also, it's pronounced apparently like the English name "Sharon," which is just really unappealing to me.
      The name "Sharon" conjures up images of a 30-something, suburban soccer mom for me.

I'm not too disappointed by the names, especially because in the end, if the groups have great songs then their unit name is the last thing we'll even be worrying about.
      疑心暗鬼 | 私、スクールアイドルをやらせても一流ですのね
    • I voted for Dear Dive, but I guess the results are nice...

milkywhipped wrote:

kuronekorin wrote:

Also, it's pronounced apparently like the English name "Sharon," which is just really unappealing to me.
      The name "Sharon" conjures up images of a 30-something, suburban soccer mom for me.
      LOL. (I kinda have the same thing)

°・★※Team Kazu※★・°
      Chibi sprites by @ShinyLyni
    • The mini unit name are out, so we have CYaRon!, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss now. I'm just bit worried because it is not even my fav one. The official results, are :

*Chika, You, and Ruby. (leader Chika)
      1st CYaRon!
      2nd CoCoA
      3rd FiLLY

i have no opinion for this unit name, sharon is pretty cute but...?

*Kanan, Dia, and Maru. (leader Kanan)
      1st AZALEA
      2nd Pione
      3rd Kanaria

im glad Kanaria not win this, because it more like Kanan, RIKO, Dia since Riko isn't here. Pione is my fav one (came close second).

*Riko, Yoshiko, and Mari. (leader Riko)
      1st Guilty Kiss
      2nd RYM
      3rd Chrom Cross

This... why Guilty Kiss ?, i know it fits the unit image but.. i just can't :umi5: . Look how they took Riko as the unit leader, im kinda bit curious for it because she just so different with the others two.
    • Hanabiramochi wrote:

The mini unit name are out, so we have CYaRon!, AZALEA, and Guilty Kiss now. I'm just bit worried because it is not even my fav one. The official results, are :

*Chika, You, and Ruby. (leader Chika)
      1st CYaRon!
      2nd CoCoA
      3rd FiLLY

i have no opinion for this unit name, sharon is pretty cute but...?

*Kanan, Dia, and Maru. (leader Kanan)
      1st AZALEA
      2nd Pione
      3rd Kanaria

im glad Kanaria not win this, because it more like Kanan, RIKO, Dia since Riko isn't here. Pione is my fav one (came close second).

*Riko, Yoshiko, and Mari. (leader Riko)
      1st Guilty Kiss
      2nd RYM
      3rd Chrom Cross

This... why Guilty Kiss ?, i know it fits the unit image but.. i just can't :umi5: . Look how they took Riko as the unit leader, im kinda bit curious for it because she just so different with the others two.
      I thought the leaders were Chika, Hanamaru and Mari since they were only in one of the groups when the voting happened. The image colors are their sub unit colors too (well Azalea's color is pink now for some reason but it used to be Hanamaru's color)

On another note, the first sub unit album release dates have been announced! You can see the dates below. Each album will have two songs and a drama part! It's still unknown if they come with any bonusses such as promos, but I really hope so! I need Yohane cards.

• I'm quite happy CYaRon won even though I wish they pronounce it as "kya-ron" or "chia-ron" not "sharon"..

Azalea was honestly the only name that caught my eye for the Kanan-Dia-Hanamaru subunit lmao

Hanabiramochi wrote:

This... why Guilty Kiss ?, i know it fits the unit image but.. i just can't . Look how they took Riko as the unit leader, im kinda bit curious for it because she just so different with the others two.
      same here.. I don't really understand why they choose this name..
      Guilty Kiss now kinda reminds me of Lilywhite.. Umi is also very different from the more laid-back Nozomi and Rin, but they makes a good unit ^^

Unfortunately I have yet to remember which vocal is whose in the Aquors songs.. so I can't really tell how all of their vocals will match each other.
    • jazz wrote:

I'm quite happy CYaRon won even though I wish they pronounce it as "kya-ron" or "chia-ron" not "sharon"..

Azalea was honestly the only name that caught my eye for the Kanan-Dia-Hanamaru subunit lmao

Hanabiramochi wrote:

This... why Guilty Kiss ?, i know it fits the unit image but.. i just can't . Look how they took Riko as the unit leader, im kinda bit curious for it because she just so different with the others two.
      same here.. I don't really understand why they choose this name..Guilty Kiss now kinda reminds me of Lilywhite.. Umi is also very different from the more laid-back Nozomi and Rin, but they makes a good unit ^^

Unfortunately I have yet to remember which vocal is whose in the Aquors songs.. so I can't really tell how all of their vocals will match each other.
      Honestly I don't like any of the names. CYaRon is literally "crayon" with the R and Y switched, and I don't get the point of the other names.

Out of them though, CYaRon is probs gonna be my fave with You, Ruby and Chika.
    • I am really excited about AZALEA, Kanan and Hanamaru are my top two favorites so far, and I don't mind Dia. I hope I come to like her more as Aqours is added to SIF, so i'll have an exclusive box to scout for. Problem is, then I don't have anywhere to scout for You.... I'll do a bit of Guilty Kiss scouting (which might I add, sounds like a 2000s vampire movie) , but I don't like CYaRon at all..... :/

• Man, I'm extremely pumped about AZALEA because I love all of those characters. (at least I do right now, it might change as more information is released). Personally though I'm not that happy with any of the names? Especially CYaRon, especially considering it's pronounced as "Sharon". And though I think Guilty Kiss is a cute name I don't really think it fits the group all that much? At least it's better than the other two names, I guess. (I really wanted Chrom Cross instead of Guilty Kiss though because it makes me think of Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Tumblr|Certificates by milk tea
    • idk the name Guilty Kiss sounds kind of... idk. Not that I dislike it, but I don't exactly like it either. I'm honestly not interested in any of the other girls except for Yoshiko unfortunately... Their personality types SERIOUSLY do not appeal to me. Doesn't exactly help that I'm not interested in girls in the first place really xD

I might actually buy the new solo though... Those little cardboard things look cool.

• kanoyounot wrote:

Man, I'm extremely pumped about AZALEA because I love all of those characters. (at least I do right now, it might change as more information is released). Personally though I'm not that happy with any of the names? Especially CYaRon, especially considering it's pronounced as "Sharon". And though I think Guilty Kiss is a cute name I don't really think it fits the group all that much? At least it's better than the other two names, I guess. (I really wanted Chrom Cross instead of Guilty Kiss though because it makes me think of Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening)
      late quote but yes, it made me think of Chrom too! Also Made me think of Chrono Cross, a game I was so addicted to but it never held up to Chrono Trigger.
      にゃっ!くすぐったいにゃ~